Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dennis the Menace: I was breakin' in my new Sunday shoes.

When I first saw this cartoon, I was all set to mock Hank Ketcham Inc. for making a pop culture reference 25 years too late. But then I realized that someone out there has, for reasons nobody seems to understand, been in the process of remaking Footloose, and someday it might even get released. And so then I was worried that Hank Ketcham Inc. might actually be more on top of things than I am. But then I realized that Hank Ketcham Inc. has probably still never heard of the original Footloose and was instead almost certainly referring to actual, honest to God church shoes without any intention of conjuring up images of Kevin Bacon dancing at all. Which is probably the funniest thing of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment