Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Comics Section goes golfing.

I'm not actually golfing, of course, because I don't actually live in a comic strip. But I am away on vacation right now, which is why the blog has been so barren for the last few days. I kind of thought I would have Internet access by now, but it hasn't worked out that way. So you can expect yet more barrenness until Monday or so, at which point this post will be replaced by forty-plus posts about how terrible the comics have been since I left. The catch-up is going to suck. By the end of it, I will either be a hollow shell no longer able to take enjoyment from Family Circus mockery or more bitter and sarcastic than ever before. We'll see how it goes.

UPDATE: In a cruel twist of fate, I was actually camping for part of my vacation. So, yes, my life is literally turning into a Bil Keane cartoon. Soon I will marry a constantly angry housewife, who will give birth to a passel of hydrocephalic toddlers.

UPDATE 2: And the blog is now up to date. I was going to delete this post, but now I think it would be better to just let it stand as a testimony to my diligence. As in, yes, I really did write 60 posts about two weeks worth of comic strips in one week.

1 comment: