Monday, November 30, 2009

Sally Forth: Will you look at the size of this tree?

It has been my experience that Christmas trees do indeed grow every year. The first year my wife and I lived together, we had a one foot tall fake plastic tree rescued from my in-laws' garage. Now we have a real tree that's probably about five feet tall. Getting a larger tree up the stairs and into our apartment would be quite the ordeal, but when we buy a house, I imagine we'll get a tree like Sally and Ted's.

I do wonder when the trend reverses itself. My grandparents have had tiny and/or fake trees for as long as I can remember.

I suppose I should make a withering observation here so as to belatedly make this post worth reading. So this comic is hilarious because it indicates that there was once a time when Sally actually tried to preserve Ted's tenuous grasp on manhood. That time has, of course, long since passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment