Monday, November 2, 2009

Non Sequitur: Kyle begins to buy into the notion that Heaven and Hell are actually the same place...

Friend of the blog Alex tweets:
If you could tell me what today's Non Sequitur about Heaven and Hell means, I'd be grateful.
And since this is not a Sunday strip, I'm happy to oblige. What it means is that Wiley hates teh internets. It has nothing to do with Heaven or Hell at all! They're just clever metaphors for how much Wiley hates teh internets.

See, these people are all in this cafe--this no wi-fi cafe! There's no internets here at this cafe. So these old dudes are doing old dude things, like playing checkers and reading the newspaper. The TV's not even plugged in so as to ensure that no internets sneak through that screen either. These old dudes are in "Heaven."

But then there's Kyle, with his laptop and nose jewelry, unable to connect to teh internets. He is in "Hell."

It would be like if there were two people reading this Non Sequitur comic, and one of them was me and one of them was some person who likes it. I would be in "Hell," while the other person would be in "Heaven." Of course, that other person doesn't actually exist. He's a just a metaphor for how much I hate this comic.

3 comments:

  1. The more I read Non Sequitur, the stronger my feeling that the author is just an aging hippy. He wants to be edgy any he wants to be anti-establshment, but in reality he´s terrified of everything. I especially like it when he tackles the issue of the downfall of newspapers. So pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I see, one man's meat is another man's poison.

    Thank you for clearing that up. Why would he go into a cafe that has "No Wifi" as part of its name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He wants to be edgy any he wants to be anti-establshment, but in reality he´s terrified of everything.

    Basically.

    Why would he go into a cafe that has "No Wifi" as part of its name?

    Yeah, that part of it I can't clear up.

    No, wait, I mean, it's obvious. It's just, um, LOOK OVER THERE!

    ReplyDelete